Contacting JOIN is a good first step when job searching. JOIN agencies will work with you to develop an action plan to help you find or maintain employment, we offer:
- Job Seeker Referrals - We inform job seekers of services that best match job seeker requirements through our website, phone inquiries, career fairs and publications.
- Employment Supports information – We will put job seekers in touch with the appropriate ODSP office
- Self-Employment Information and Resources – We will provide resource information to job seekers who want to start their own businesses
- Job Accommodation information – We inform job seekers, service providers and employers of adaptive technology which will assist job seekers in the workplace
- Networking Opportunities
- Excellent Customer Service - Live voice on the end of the phone and quick response times to emails from job seekers with disabilities, service providers, government, employers, and other constituents wanting advice or supports.
- Employer Education and Referrals - Employers learn about how service providers can support their candidates in the workplace.
- Job Postings - We circulate over 300 job postings a year, obtained directly from employers and from service providers
- A collective voice in the community for issues related to disability in the workplace
- Information and Resources related to best practices on inclusion and accessibility.