Services and Programs
JOIN is a single point of access for employers to find an employee for specific positions they have available. This has proven to be a convenient solution for many employers. Employers can post Job Postings on the JOIN website once a relationship with JOIN has been established. Employers are then able to take advantage of a diverse and talented pool of approximately 4,000 job seeker candidates within the network with this free of charge placement service.
In addition, JOIN supports employers with:
- Training and Education
- Accommodation Awareness Sessions
- Interviewing Tips for Interviewing Persons with Disabilities
- Latest Updates on Legislation
- AODA Standards and Compliance
- Assistance On-line Toolkits for Employees Access to
- Success Stories and Success Strategies
- Case Studies
- Workshops on Specific Disabilities
- Onboarding and Coaching
- Onboarding Tips
- Coaching the Disabled Worker
- Case Studies on Effective Coaching for Specific Disabilities
- Access to JOIN's Business Leadership Network - JOIN Provincial, BLNs National and BLNs International - The Global Perspective on Disability and Employment
- Opportunity to Network and Learn from Canada's Top Diversity Leaders
- Hear First-Hand Success Stories
- Participation in Education Workshops/Seminars and Round Table Discussions Related to Disability Recruitment, Accommodation, Retention
- Access to Disability-Specific Sensitivity Awareness Training Opportunities
- Tap into Latest Information on Accessibility, AODA Updates
- Assistive Technology Demonstrations
- Reduced Delegate Fees for JOIN Annual Fall Employer Conference
- Acknowledgment on Web Site - Partners' Page
- Workplace Health and Safety Legislation Updates
- Access to Information on Legal Obligations of Employers
- Opportunity to Work on JOIN BLN Committees
- Eligibility for Annual JOIN Employer Awards
- Eight Educational Business Leadership Network Sessions to Date - Hosts and Sponsors - BMO Financial Group, TD Bank Financial Group, Sheraton Downtown Hotel/Starwood Canada, Scotiabank, Employer Outreach Secretariat and Royal Ontario Museum, Deloitte (Average attendance 100+)
Employers can be involved in the different programs that Ontario JOIN offers:
Annual Employer Conference
During the last eight years this event has become the main employers' conference, atracting delegates from across Canada and the United States. In addition to the fabulous networking opportunities, attendees can learn the latest trends and developments from industry experts, who address some of the major challenges related to making the workplace more accessible for people with disabilities. Some of the highlights included:
- Assists with increased number of employed persons with disabilities.
- Improved retention rates.
- Ongoing collaboration with other employers.
- Determination and sharing of best practices around screening and recruitment, accommodation, duty to accommodate, job retention strategies.
- Increased employer commitment to hiring persons with disabilities.
- Improved employer knowledge about disability management.
- Improved employer knowledge about accommodation, duty to accommodate and undue hardship.
- Increased awareness about several disabilities, including hidden and episodic disabilities.
- Employer recognition opportunities - Great opportunity for Tab Canada.
- Opportunity to discuss populations of people with disabilities who have had more difficulty accessing competitive employment.
- Explore career advancement for persons with disabilities.
- Provision of ongoing provincial policy development to employers.
Career Fair Connection
The annual JOIN "Career Fair Connection" is the premier career fair for job seekers with disabilities, attracting more than 700 job seekers and 40 top employers.
JOIN's successful event is an employment strategy to connect job seekers with disabilities and employers. Is an opportunity for employers to connect to a one-stop shop for all the recruitment needs, it access a large number of skilled candidates for pre-screen and interviews on site, even for those hard to fill positions and an opportunity to network with other HR professionals.
JOIN has an official partnership with ORHMA (Ontario Restaurant Hotel Motel Association). This partnership was formed to create awareness in the hospitality industry of the benefits of hiring job seekers with disabilities, and to share with job developers in the JOIN network the scope of roles within this industry. This will ultimately result in more jobs for individuals with disabilities. Both parties are highly committed to ensuring more commitment to hiring persons with disabilities into the ORHMA membership-representing more than 11,000 establishments across the province employing over 415,000 people.